Friday, November 13, 2009

Love Enough

Bennington's granddad gave him one piece of advice before he died. 'Love enough,' he said, before the darkness took him. Ben often wondered what he meant and wished that perhaps he'd waited another minute or two before pushing him off a cliff in the middle of the night. (His mother blamed Ben for the death anyway. 'Who takes their granddad camping at the top of a cliff when he's incontinent?') but the Police ruled it 'accidental'.

When he met Janice, the future recipient of his used condoms she asked, while they were cuddling on his mum's sofa watching the 24 hour M*A*S*H marathon on Sky 37. "Do you love me?" he remembered his granddad and replied 'Love Enough'.

She was thankful she found out sooner rather than later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aims said...

Hmmm - I have to think about this one because I'm not sure I'm getting it.

Drats that he pushed Grandad sooner than later because then I might know the answer!

Leatherdykeuk said...

I don't know what his Granddad meant either but she couldn't cope with his committment issues

stephanie said...

*shudders* I'm glad she found out, too!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Aya. I don't think he's all there, really.

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.