Thursday, November 19, 2009

Not for You, such Despair.

"I bought something today." Jasfoup handed Harold a tiny, faux-leather box and stood back, his hands up with just the pads of his fingers touching, tapping.

Harold opened it, suspicious of the demon's motives. It would more than likely explode in his face. "Beauty is skin-deep," Jasfoup had once said. "I peeled off enough faces to know that."

It wasn't a bomb but a diamond ring; elegant and very expensive. "Oh, Jasfoup," said Harold. "You shouldn't have." He went to try it on.

"It's not for you, halfwit," said Jasfoup. "It's for Julie. Do you think she'll like it?"

"You're going to propose to her?"

Jasfoup frowned. "Of course not. I want her to enchant it."

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Poor Julie. I can just see how this is going to turn out.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Would she marry Jasfoup if he asked, I wonder?

aims said...

The fact that Harold was going to try it on cracked me up!

Leatherdykeuk said...

He's nothing if not cosmopolitan!

Sarah said...

omgosh! that ring looks exactly like my engagement ring! and he said he had it made special...

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs* Wonderful!