Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pure Schmaltz

Myspace Comments




Harold frowned at Jedith. "What do you mean, I should be grateful? You infected me with a disease there was no cure for, forcing me to enter into a pact with a demon who takes every opportunity to belittle me. Why would I have reason to be grateful?"

"You have your health."

"At the cost of my soul."

"You've got a lovely house."

"Which I inherited when my favourite uncle died. I'd rather have the uncle."

"You have a lovely wife."

"I would if she'd marry me. As it is she'd rather drain the blood from every man, woman and child in London."

"You have a beautiful daughter."

"Only because Azazel needed her genes to jump start the goblin species." Harold paused, looking at Lucy in her cot. "Yes, you're right. I love Lucy. Thank you."

5 comments:

stephanie said...

She got him there. Sweet. (Though his counterpoints are valid across the board.)

Leatherdykeuk said...

She did indeed, though Jedith has little to be thankful about.

aims said...

We must count our blessings every single day. Life is so very short in the end.

martha said...

Thanks giving may be in the eyes of the beholders, but you have to open them in order to realise what you have. Lucky for Harold he got there - finally.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. My LJ friends are some of the things I'm most thankful for.

Leatherdykeuk said...

And I.
We don't really do Thanksgiving in the UK. Too many people invaded and settled to point to any one period and say ' this is it. This is what made England'