Friday, November 06, 2009

Warm enought for you?


Harold stepped into the portal and looked around. Although on a mountain, the path was wide enough for a cart and didn't set off his vertigo. Off to the side Julie climbed trough as well. "Blimey," she said. "I thought Faerie was supposed to be warm? This wind is as cold as... well... my tit."

"You should have put your cardi on," said Harold. "I told you it was mountainous."

"Actually, Harold, you said Faerie was always warm and comfortable."

Harold shrugged. "Well it was last time I was here. Anyway, I'm not cold."

"That's because you're wearing your semi-sentient leathers," said Julie. "I bet you haven't even brought a blanket."

"I have, actually," he said. "It's keeping the thermos of tea hot."

6 comments:

aims said...

At least he's practical - even though he is selfish. Poor Julie - you'd think he da would offer her the blanket.

Leatherdykeuk said...

then she would have learned nothing!

stephanie said...

How nice to step over from Jasfoup and have this here!

Perhaps she'll run into a handsome, uh...

Nicely done. ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

Jasfoup can't enter Faerie, so he has to learn the journey second hand.

aims said...

So - why did neither of us ask if the 't' in enough was on purpose?

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*
No, 'twas a typo