Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Brothers

Harold looked up from his laptop. "How many siblings do I have?" he said.

Jasfoup frowned. "None. You were an only child, remember? If you'd had brothers and sisters you'd remember having your face pushed into the dirt more often."

"No, I meant on my dad's side." Harold turned the screen around so Jasfoup could see the google image Harold had found. He had to admit, they did look alike. "This is Mbuma Jonya in Botswana. He could be my twin."

"He could, poor bugger." Jasfoup nodded. "So you're asing how many children Lucifer sired in all of history in the far-flung nether regions of the planet?"

"Exactly so, yes."

"In all of history? Seventeen."

"And how many are still alive?"

"Two. You and Cain."

"Excellent." Harold tapped his fingertips together. "I'm the sole inheritor then."

"Apart from Cain."

Harold pooh-poohed the notion. "One day," he said, "I'll be your boss."

7 comments:

martha said...

'E's getting ideas above 'is station - 'e is.

Careful Harold You know wot goes before the slippery slope - don'tcha?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Indeed. Ice. and honey. And possibly a push.

aims said...

*laughing at you and martha*

martha said...

Happy to have brightened your day.
A day without at least a chuckle is like a day without ...well, whatever...

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you both :)

stephanie said...

*chuckles* I have a difficult time imagining their relationship changing overmuch. Nice piece here, my dear.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I doubt it would either. Thank you.