Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Newsletter

Dear Adantia.

At this time of year my thoughts return to England and the town I left behind. No doubt you're knee deep in floods and leaky roofs and wishing the holidays were over so you could get a plumber without needing to remortgage the house to cover his call out charge.


Spain is lovely at the moment – balmy nights and glorious sunshine all day and fewer tourists than at any other time of year. We bought a cottage outside of Puerto Banos and are staying until the end of February. You know the best thing about Spain? No Faery portals. Not one, at least, that I've come across. No talking skulls, either. Do you remember the one Papa found? It was such fun until it drove him insane. I'm sure you've heard the story a hundred times.



As I always said to Freddy, pull a cracker for me! How's he coping with his demise?
Well, I hope.

Toodlepip!


love, Lydia

4 comments:

aims said...

Best holiday newsletter (who thought of these things - someone from hell?) ever!

Leatherdykeuk said...

I used to write on. Not any more!

stephanie said...

Superb update! I wonder if Ada answers her...

Leatherdykeuk said...

That might be interesting!