Thursday, December 03, 2009

No Parking

Harold stopped so suddenly that Julie walked right into him. "Why did you do that?" she said when she'd recovered herself and her dropped handbag.

"Traffic warden," said Harold. "He's putting a ticket on my van."

"Well tell him not to."

"I will!" Harold marched up to the crisp uniform. "I say?" he said, "You can't put a ticket on that van. It's mine, parked perfectly legally at the back of my own shop."

"I'm sorry sir," the warden said. Was there a trace of an Eastern European accent? "But you are clearly parked in a restricted zone." He pointed at the 'No Parking' sign.

"But I put that there," said Harold, "to stop other people parking here."

The wisp of a smile crossed the warden's face. "Erecting a traffic sign without due authority is a criminal offence," he said. "But if that's the case I'll void the ticket.."

"phew"

"...and call in the police to attend to the matter. Meanwhile, you'll notice I've clamped your vehicle. Good day to you."

4 comments:

aims said...

Oh Harold. *goes off shaking my head*

Leatherdykeuk said...

Lets put that one down to experience...

stephanie said...

Doh!

Barry would have a field day with this one... ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

Ha! That would be fun!