Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

"What's wrong with this mirror?" said Harold. "It's always dusty and lackluster and I swear it makes people look different."

"Careful, Harold." Jasfoup caught hold of the magician's arm. "We wouldn't want to activate the portal, would we?"

"Portal?" Harold took a step back. "You never told me it was a portal. I've never seen it open."

"You wouldn't have done, no." Jasfoup took the duster and gave the frame a few flicks. "It hasn't opened since 1876, but one day..."

"What?"

"What?"

"One day what?" Harold frowned. "You said 'one day' and left a trail of ellipses."

"I did?" Jasfoup smiled. "One day another little girl will squeeze through the mirror into Wonderland."

"You mean this is the actual mirror from Charles Dodgson's vicarage?"

"Exactly, Harold. This is the looking Glass." He scowled. "I've just never got it open."

4 comments:

aims said...

Ooooh! Just watched the new one with Tim Curry and .......

It wasn't bad. I had forgotten so much. Tsk tsk.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Tim Curry? He must be ancient by now!

I have always loved Alice.

stephanie said...

What a find!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Not so much. Who 'collected' Lewis Carroll, I wonder...