Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Casual Friday

"We should do this every week." Felicia grinned as she slid into the drivers seat and slipped the key into the ignition. "Friday night cinema was a great idea."

"Yes," said Julie, "but let's skip the 3D films in future. I've only got the one good eye and it rather spoils the effect."

"Sorry. I didn't think when I booked it. The White Queen reminded me of someone though..."

"Gillian, when she thinks no-one is watching and stops acting normal?"

"Maybe." Felicia creased her nose. "It'll come to me." She pulled out of the cinema and into the Holland Park Drive-through. "Burger or chicken?"

"Chicken please." They ate going along, the powerful V8 engine eating the miles between Cambridge and Laverstone.

"Shit." Felicia pulled into a lay-by. "The film was an hour longer than I thought. The moon's coming up and I'm about to change. You'll have to drive."

"I'm only a learner still." Julie slid to the driver's seat while Felicia went around, her bones already twisting as she got back in. She would down the window before she lost use of her hands. Julie watched anxiously as the change progressed, checked the mirrors and pulled off.

She glanced across at Felicia a few minutes after they got going again. "I can handle the stress of driving on a provisional licence," she said, "though goodness knows what a police officer would say if we got pulled over. What I can't understand is why a werewolf has to hang her head out of the window and let her jowls flap in the breeze."

8 comments:

martha said...

That last line - definitely one of life's unanswerable questions.
Great fun.

Leatherdykeuk said...

:)
You can thank Ron for the inspiration :)

martha said...

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*

aims said...

I've always wondered why dogs have to do that and enjoy it so very much!

Can Felicia let us know the answer??
(tell her I don't think she's a dog but bow to her Wereness)

Leatherdykeuk said...

She declines to answer. 'It's a jowl thing' she said.

stephanie said...

*chuckles* This was beautifully done.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you :)