Friday, March 12, 2010

Hacker

Backdoor Harry opened up a remote log-in screen and entered a 32 chararacter sting of hex code from memory. "There you go," he said. "Laverstone Police Internal Intranet. You're logged in as Constable Nobbs."

Meinwen frowned. "Nobby Nobbs?"

"If you like. I've never logged a first name so you can be whatever you like. Why?"

"I have this sudden urge to smoke nub ends."

"Terrible." Harry shook his head. "Of course, I can't talk. I like butts."

"Hmm." Meinwen navigated to the open cases. "How do I print something out?"

"Use the button marked 'print'."

"I could have guessed that." Meinwen smiled. "I meant, will it be printed here or at the police station?"

"Oh! Here. It'd be too tricky to go there to collect them." The printer whirred but he reached it first. "A list of subjects in the bloodletting case? You could do serious time for stealing this."

"Well I asked nicely first," said Meinwen, plucking the paper from his hands. "They just said no. Besides, it was Nobby Nobbs who took it, not me."

6 comments:

aims said...

Oh lovely! TP would be quite pleased I think!

Leatherdykeuk said...

*S* I would hope so. It was meant as an homage

DJ Kirkby said...

I did wonder about the NN reference but see that wa sintentional on your part. x

Leatherdykeuk said...

Aye -- Harry didn't know the reference but Meinwen is a pTerry fan.

stephanie said...

Lovely. I like her justification. Of course, Backdoor Harry is always a pleasure.

Leatherdykeuk said...

She's never afraid to bend the rules