Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Lure of Cake

Harold had never been one to be dictated to by the whims of popular opinion. When Harry Potter was published he read the first copy that turned up in a house clearance and liked it before the second was even published. When Twilight was published he read the first fifty pages and burned the rest, declaring that he would never knowingly inflict such pap on his customers and when the government declared a clampdown on education for the masses – insisting that all novels be marketed at the maximum tax band to encourage readers back to the television – he declared to all that would listen: "Let them read Cake" and displaying his new book 'Cake' for sale at only a penny plus tax.

6 comments:

aims said...

Here! Here!

I hate that Twilight pap too! Passionately!

However Trublood does have me captivated!

Leatherdykeuk said...

I like the TV series but I thought the books poor prose.

aims said...

Speaking of the books - The Man raced through all 8 that came in the box deal. I'm finishing the second.

I was disappointed in a way that they were so different from the TV series and that it was all from Sookies point of view.

Still - if you knew The Man you'd think - Wow! He was almost reading a book in 2 days. I was truly stunned! Have never seen him doing that before. Of course - being the easy reads they are there was nothing to hold him back was there?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Good for him. I never even finished the first, though that was long before true Blood was made.

stephanie said...

Excellent! I applaud his strategy.

Leatherdykeuk said...

just as long as I don't have to ghostwrite it!