Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Lamb (curry) Of God

Julie looked from her toes to the framed picture on the wall. Not easy while balancing a large glass of Chardonnay while lying on your back on the soft mattress of a bed. "Why have you got a photograph of Joan d'Arc?"

Marianne shrugged, causing the mattress to ripple. "God talked to her as well. It seemed like a good idea."

"He used to tell her to slaughter the English, though."

Marianne shrugged. "More wine?"

"No, ta. How did you get a photo of her though? Didn't she die ages before cameras were invented?"

"Course! That was at Madame Tussaud's in London. Look, the ticket stub is pushed in the edge of the frame."

"Oh! I wondered what that was. I thought it was a bit o' curry."

6 comments:

aims said...

And here was me with my poor wee brain not even thinking that they didn't have cameras back then. OH dear.

Leatherdykeuk said...

No worries :)

DJ Kirkby said...

"It seemed like a good idea", many mistakes have been 'explained' using those 6 words.

Leatherdykeuk said...

closely followed by the 'shrug and "I dunno".'

stephanie said...

closely followed by the 'shrug and "I dunno".'

and "I was just doing what I was told."

At least Joan d'Arc owned her choices. Sort of. ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

I think 'God told me to' must be in the top ten