Saturday, April 03, 2010

Lost and Found

"Why have you put a wooden box at the front of the shop?" asked Harold. "I know we have the occasional piece of lost property but don't we just keep them in your desk drawer?"

"My desk drawer. Exactly." Julie pulled it open. It was stuffed with files pertaining to the shop's inventory. "It left me no room for the files."

"I think it's ugly," said Harold. "Can we put it somewhere else? Under your desk, perhaps?"

"What should I do with my feet then? Chop them off?"

"You could use the box as a foot rest." Harold smiled, hoping this would end the conversation. Julie deflated and was about to capitulate when Jasfoup appeared.

"Lost and found box? What a splendid idea."

"Is it?" Harold rolled his eyes. "Why?"

"People often take something they'd never lost in the first place," said the demon. "We can mark them as Hellbound."

6 comments:

aims said...

Splendid idea!

Leatherdykeuk said...

:)

DJ Kirkby said...

lol, clever Jasfoup

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Deej :)

stephanie said...

Clever Jasfoup indeed.

"You could use the box as a foot rest." That's what I would do. ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

hehe! Thanks Stephanie.