Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nibbles

"Wine?"

"Thank you." She held out her glass and he filled it, tilting the bottle just so; the ruby liquid spilling into the tulip in a swirling stream of rich promise.

"It's a little dry," he said, "but it goes very well with the cheese and olives. Perhaps I could tempt you to some mushroom patè?"

"I'll pass, thanks." Her face formed a rictus as she took a sip of her drink. "Dry, did you say?" She waited a moment until her eyes had stopped watering.

"Indeed." He read the label. "I got it from the deli. 'Vin è gar'."

6 comments:

aims said...

I do love it ON my salad but not on the side.

Leatherdykeuk said...

As do most!

DJ Kirkby said...

Excellent. Silly Harold.

Leatherdykeuk said...

hehe :)

stephanie said...

*laughs* How perfectly Harold.

Leatherdykeuk said...

and they say romance is dead!