Friday, April 09, 2010

Pins and Needles

"No. I'm trying to watch telly."

"But it'll only take you a few minutes. You know what I'm like. Give me a box of pins and needles and I'm more likely to make a lethal knuckleduster than sort out a hem line.

"Fliss, I said no. " Marianne shook her head. "Why do you always come to me with these trivial problems?"

Because you're my best friend? And you live downstairs?"

"The answer's still no."

"Are you sure? Hmm? Not even for your best friend in all the world who'll take to Tuscador's tomorrow?" The sight of Felicia trying to look coquettish in spike heeled boots and a leather bustier was enough to prompt a snort of laughter from her friend.

"Tuscador's the Spanish-French restaurant you need to book a table three months in advance for? Marianne groaned. "All right. Hand me the sewing box."

6 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

She wanted a bustier hemmed?

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*
That'll teach me not to edit out the skirt!

aims said...

A little persuading is all it takes sometimes isn't it?

Leatherdykeuk said...

for bestest friends, anyway!

stephanie said...

I'd say yes, too! Good call on Marianne's part!

Leatherdykeuk said...

You're just a sucker for a furry heart ;)