Saturday, May 01, 2010

Passing Sentence

"I have to terminate your existence," I said. "Duty, you know. One cannot suffer a zombie to mindlessly slaughter the soulful."

"But I'm not mindless," said Dilbo. "And I haven't killed anybody."

Was that sufficient grounds for a loophole? Maybe I'd allowed zombies to live before. Just not for very long.

"All right," I said. "Here's the deal. I let live until you're unable to form a coherent sentence."

Dilbo nodded, drumming two fingers on the table. He could sew them back on later. "All right," he said. "What's the sentence?"

"What time does the Irish wristwatch strap shop shut?"

4 comments:

aims said...

A trick question?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Just a tongue twister :)

DJ Kirkby said...

This is all very surreal (more so than ususal) I must stop catching up on your posts by reading them in reverse order.

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*
I don't think that would help!